This is a really simple recipe with minimal ingredients (well for a curry!) that can be used with whatever veg you have in the fridge. Meat can also be added if wanted.
- 2 tbs coconut butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 small mild red chilli chopped
- 2 inches fresh turmeric grated
- 2 tbs garam masala powder
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 750 ml hot stock – meat or vegetable (either is fine)
- 1/2 head broccoli chopped
- 1 cup kale torn
- 350 g butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander chopped
- 1/2 of 1 lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a heavy large pan.
Once melted add the onion, garlic, chilli and turmeric stir until onions start to turn translucent. Add the garam masala powder, cook for a further minute or 2, adding a pinch of salt and pinch of black pepper.
Add the stock and tomatoes, bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer then add butternut squash l, chickpeas and broccoli. Cook for 15 minutes. Add the kale, lemon, coriander, salt and pepper to taste and cook for a further 5-7 minutes ( until butternut squash is cooked).
Serve with chopped coriander and sour cream.