A deliciously winter warming recipe to start a cold morning with and support healthy living.
Maca is a great balancing adaptogen especially good for when the seasons change and we feel out of balance, fatigued or not ourselves! Maca is also fantastic for balancing women’s hormones too and is well known for its energising effects so will help give you some “get up and go” on winters mornings!
As winter is coming to an end so are my porridge creations. I am so inspired by porridge as I find it really works for me in the winter months, it is warming, nourishing and comforting. It is also energising and filling so the perfect breakfast in many ways. What do you eat for breakfast during the winter?
This will be my last porridge recipe for now and I will be moving towards smoothie bowls and chia puddings for spring and summer.
Please contact me if there is something you would like to see featured on the members pages
- 1/2 cup porridge oats – Gluten Free if possible
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (homemade or shop bought)
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 tsp raw organic maca
- 1 tsp organic vanilla powder
- 2 tbs unsalted natural peanut butter or raw almond butter
- 1 small pear, cored, skin removed, chopped into small pieces (extra sliced for garnish)
- 1 tbs flaked almonds or your favourite other superfoods or fruit – for garnish
- Pinch of cinnamon
Mix the oats, nut milk, maca, vanilla and salt in a saucepan and start to warm it over a medium heat.
Continue stirring for about 5 minutes, add in the pear and stir through for another few minutes
Distribute between 2 bowls and top with 1 tbs of almond or peanut butter, followed by sliced pear, flaked almonds and a pinch of cinnamon – (per bowl)
If you porridge is too thick then add a little water to get the desired consistency that YOU like