A quick and easy lunchtime favourite that is great to serve up for a girlie lunch, take to work or enjoy as a side dish with your main meal, however you choose to eat it, you will love this combination!
- 1 broccoli head (lightly steamed)
- 1 cup of peas (lightly steamed) bio frozen is fine
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded or chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 bunch spring onions sliced
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- 1-2 tbs lightly toasted sesame seeds (you can gentle do this on a hob for a few minutes until they brown slightly) – Optional
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tbs light tahini
- 1 tbs coconut milk
- 50 ml water
- juice of 1 lime
- 60 ml Tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
- Vegetable spiralizer (optional)
- Vegetable peeler
Cook quinoa to packet guidance, for best results soak ideally over night but a few hours before cooking to release the phytic acid.
Add all the salad ingredients and cashew nuts to a bowl and combine well, leaving the sesame seeds to the side for garnish.
Add 2-3 tbs of the satay dressing to your salad and mix well, serve with sprinkled sesame seeds
The wonderful thing about this dish is pretty much any vegetable can be used, you can use raw or cooked vegetables and is great for using up any steamed veg left over from the night before.
Quinoa is great to have in the fridge as it can be added to so many recipes to bulk them out giving them a super hit of protein. It is filling and keeps you satisfied, so the perfect accompaniment to meals. It is great as a salad, in soup, made into “meatless” balls, porridge and so on….. If you cook up a large batch in will last a week in a sealed Tupper wear container.